DNA Study 2014
“Increase Hyaluronan acid binding ability of spermatozoa indicating a better maturity, morphology, and higher dna integrity after micronutrient supplementation”
Lipovac M., Bodner F., Schütz A., Kurz H., Riedl C., Mair J., Imhof M.
Studies have shown that a high DNA Fragmentation Index can be one of the key factors that may contribute to unexplained male infertility. Using a hyaluronan binding assay, this pilot study investigated the rate of DNA fragmentation after taking PROfertil®.
The way sperm is binding to hyaluronan (part of the membrane surrounding the egg), can be established with the hyaluronan binding assay. The heads of mature sperm carry a specific receptor for hyaluronan (hyaluronic acid). Immature sperm do not have this receptor. The higher the degree of DNA fragmentation, the fewer sperm are binding to hyaluronan. The hyaluronan binding assay is thus a good indicator for the selection of those sperm that have reached a particular stage of maturity and, according to study results, have a low rate of DNA degradation. Only mature sperm can bind to hyaluronan. This binding behaviour is necessary for the successful fertilisation of eggs. (Literature items 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
- PROfertil® helps to increase DNA integrity and thus prevent DNA- Fragmentation
- PROfertil® increase DNA integrity and prevent sperm DNA fragmentation, which is caused by environmental factors, life style and advanced age
- PROfertil® improves the outcomes in ART treatments
- PROfertil® prevents recurrent pregnancy loss
- Positively influence the embryonic development